If you’re a strong writer; graphic designer; and heart-centered, strategic marketing professional, let’s talk! We’re looking for a Marketing Intern for Summer 2020 who would work with us 15-20 hours per week. This person would learn about and be involved with social media management (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest), blog writing and posting, graphic design, SEO, email marketing, and other content development and management. You’ll be working directly with the founder and CEO of Erotic Empowerment, Kelly Noel Zeva, who has 6+ years of professional marketing and content development experience themself.
Though there is no guaranteed offer of employment after the internship, we are seeking to expand our team this year and strongly consider interested interns who have demonstrated they have work ethic and the necessary skills for the position.
Erotic Empowerment, LLC is a for-profit company based in Madison, Wisconsin, that facilitates healing through sexual empowerment. We educate spiritually-awake, single, entrepreneurial Millennials on how to date, have sex, and create relationships consciously. As part of that process, we provide free content in our Facebook groups, The Sexy, Spiritual Badasses and Mindful Millennials Connecting Virtually, as well as on our blog and website. We also have two coaching programs: 1-on-1 Sex Alchemy Coaching and Jumpstart Your Dating Life During Social Distancing (a group program). Over the next 12 months, we will also be leading in-person retreats centered around Kelly Noel’s in-process proprietary energy healing system: The Zeva System.
Our team right now is Kelly Noel Zeva (Founder & CEO), and Heather Rizzo (Oracle & Admin Assistant). We are in super startup mode, which means that, as the Marketing Intern, you will have the opportunity to dive right into impactful projects that make an immediate difference in the business. You’ll have an opportunity to learn a lot of real-world skills very quickly, and if there’s something specific you want to learn, you’ll likely have the support, resources, and mentorship to do that.
We LOVE making a difference in people’s lives and supporting their transformation, and we value emotionally mature conversation and conflict resolution. While we are VERY committed to supporting our interns with their personal and professional growth, we are looking for someone who is equally committed to their self-development. At risk of sounding a bit out there, we’re looking for someone who jives with us on a deep energetic, mission, and soul level.
- Create and curate weekly content for social media profiles, including but not limited to Facebook groups, Facebook business page, Instagram, and Pinterest, following posting guidelines and brand playbook
- Update and maintain 2020 content calendar, including social media posts, blog posts, video content, content upgrades
- Ghost-write SEO-friendly blog posts based on existing video content Kelly Noel has produced
- Create graphics for social media, content upgrades, and videos using Canva
- Design, layout, and format whitepapers, booklets, and other print materials in Canva using pre-defined copy
- Migrate existing blog posts on Mintaka Healing website to Erotic Empowerment website, following direction from Kelly Noel
- Develop new website content pages on Erotic Empowerment website, as needed, using Divi
- Draft weekly recap emails and other email sequences in ConvertKit following template and examples from Kelly Noel
- Locate, source, and organize brand assets and files, including content upgrades, brand photos, and brand graphics
- Support team members with admin and sales tasks during launch windows, including engaging with posted content, attending live trainings, and sending DMs to attendees and prospective clients
- Other admin and marketing-related tasks on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s (obtained or in-progress) in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism, Multimedia Studies, Marketing, or related field
- Precise, nuanced writer and editor with a strong understanding of how to create appropriate mood and tone through writing based on the audience, purpose, and demographic
- Strong eye for aesthetics and design
- Detail-oriented and motivated with the ability to work independently and remotely
- Receives critique and constructive, compassionate feedback well; passionate about learning and personal growth
- Comfortable researching and writing about sexuality, relationships, kink/BDSM, polyamory and ethical nonmonogamy, healing religious and sexual trauma, energy healing, sex work, and queer/LGBTQ+ issues
- Note: you DON’T need to be an expert, and we’ll educate you on how to address these topics ethically and with nuance. But you cannot be squeamish or unwilling to grow your knowledge in these areas as they are core to our brand.
- Able to provide your own laptop computer
- Strongly Preferred: social media management experience; familiarity with Canva, WordPress, Divi, and/or ConvertKit
Compensation & Benefits
This internship can be structured for course credit, if necessary, and we are willing to support this person in identifying and completing an independent/capstone project, if applicable. The marketing intern will also be paid $10.00-$15.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Our marketing intern will also receive the following benefits:
- Complimentary access to group coaching program (Jumpstart Your Dating Life During Social Distancing OR Conscious Kink Bootcamp) – $895 VALUE
- Weekly 1-on-1 professional coaching and mentorship, as well as long-term career strategic planning
- Reimbursement for travel expenses, if relevant
- Professional reference letter upon internship completion (10-14 weeks)
- Support creating a professional portfolio and LinkedIn profile, if desired
- Ability to work remotely, with some flexibility in hours
While the timeline below indicates our intended process and our hard hiring deadlines, we will be evaluating candidates on a rolling basis and may move up the group interview, if possible. If you are serious about this position, I encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- Applications Due: Friday, May 8 at 11:59pm CDT
- Initial Phone Interviews: Week of Monday, May 11
- Group Interview*: Week of Monday, May 18
- Assessments Due: Wednesday, May 20 at 11:59pm CDT
- Final Interviews*: Week of Monday, May 25
- Offer Extended/Accepted: Week of Monday, June 1
- Position Start Date: No later than Monday, June 22
*To support everyone in staying safe during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, group and final interviews will be conducted over Zoom.
Please apply here on our website, submitting the following elements:
- Resume/CV: Please submit a current resume/CV in PDF format, including your educational background; GPA (if 3.0+); relevant internship, professional, co-curricular, and volunteer experience; and any related blog posts, publications, or presentations
- Cover Letter: In your cover letter, please share how you found out about the position, why you’re excited to join the Erotic Empowerment team, what your long-term career goals are, and how your skills and interests are a good match for this role. Oh, and what your favorite ice cream is and why. 😉
- Work Samples: Please provide at three (3) writing samples of 500+ words each that showcase your ability to cohesively structure an argument and organize your thoughts clearly. Great examples include research essays, expository blog posts, persuasive pieces, and creative nonfiction. You are welcome to submit additional materials that you feel strengthen your application.
Thank you for your interest in this position… we’re excited to connect with you soon! 😀